The AMBIENC3: Concept for the automotive future
SPACE D: Design concept for the vehicle interior of the future
Design plays a decisive role in Continental's surface solutions. According to the motto "Good design must be sustainable", an international team works worldwide on the look and feel of the attractive surface products and sets its own trends. The high design standards are reflected in a wealth of prizes and awards.
Continental's continuous research and development work helps to create surfaces with outstanding properties that are suitable for various applications and lead to patented technologies.
We have understood: The world is changing. Continental attaches great importance to meeting the demand for sustainability on many levels. We therefore focus all our sustainability efforts holistically on products, employees and the environment.
Facts & Figures 2023
- around 6,000 employees
- 25 production sites
- 28 sales locations
- representative offices in 57 countries
Important norms and standards:
- DIN EN ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management
- DIN EN ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management
- DIN EN ISO 50001:2018 Energy Management
- DIN EN ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management
- IATF 16949:2016 Quality Management Automotive Industry
Numerous product certifications and assurances of specific properties such as
- OEKO-TEX® Standard 100
- MED Approval (steering wheel)
- DIN EN 71-3 (toy standard)
- and many more
- European Green Award 2023 for skai® Vyp Coffee in the category "Green Product – Interior"
- European Green Award Nominee 2023 for skai® rPET PureLux in the category "Green Product – Interior"
- Red Dot Award: Product Design 2023 for BAL.ON, the intelligent golf training device in the "Sports Equipment" category
- German Innovation Award 2022 – Winner for Benova® Eco Protect in the category "Excellence in Business to Business – Materials & Surfaces"
- 2022 Golden Cylinder Award of the GAA (Gravure AIMCAL Alliance) for the pool liner design "Cobalt"
- iF Design Award 2022 for ContiHome in the Interior Architecture discipline, "Shops/Showrooms" category
- iF Design Award 2022 for AMBIENC3 in the Professional Concept discipline, "Product Concepts" category
- materialpreis Raumprobe (audience award) for skai® VyP Coffee
- Red Dot Award: Product Design 2022 for ContiHome in the "Caravans/ Mobile Tiny Houses" category
- German Innovation Award 2021 – Winner for skai® Toronto EN with staynu technology in the category "Excellence in Business to Business – Materials & Surfaces"
- German Innovation Award 2021 – Winner for skai® Vyp Lana with laif® technology in the category "Excellence in Business to Business – Materials & Surfaces"
- 2021 Gasgoo Awards China for TPO material in the category "Environmentally friendly, lightweight & new materials"
- 2021 Golden Cylinder Award of the GAA (Gravure AIMCAL Alliance) for the pool liner design "Seaglass"
- Red Dot Award: Product Design 2021 for skai® Toronto EN with staynu® technology
- Red Dot Award: Product Design 2021 for skai® VyP Lana with laif® technology
- interzum award: intelligent material & design 2021 (for high product quality) for skai® Vyp Lana with laif® technology
- interzum award: intelligent material & design 2021 (for high product quality) for skai® PureLux
- The Material of the Year Award from AutoLab (Chinese trade magazine) in the "Technology" category for Acella® Hylite
Director: Wolfgang Richard Thomale
Phone +49 (0)511 - 6302-0
Fax +49 (0)511 - 6302-206