Continental exclusively offers world-class vulcanizing press systems and field service and is supplier of vulcanizing technology to sub-Saharan Africa.
Enhance productivity with our vulcanizing press systems that are equipped with both heating and cooling channels that enable faster cooling times and minimize downtime. In addition to revolutionizing splicing, the vulcanizing press can be used to repair damage and mend rips along the belt.
Features and Benefits
- Fully automatic ceramic heating system
- Hydro-mechanical system for uniform pressure
- Heating and cooling systems speed up vulcanizing process
- Light weight for easy maneuverability
The range of vulcanizing equipment includes
Vulcanizing Press with Pressure Bag (Type EMU)
- Constant distribution of pressure due to surface pressure systems
- Flexible heating plates and pressure bag system adapt to the conveyor belt’s top cover during vulcanizing
- Easy to transport due to low weight of the single parts and small dimensions of single components
- Simple current feed
Compact Press (Type Vulcolite S)
The two-piece welded aluminum framework of this compact press is ideal for quick assembly and disassembly.
- Extremely fast heating and cooling
- Achieve longer splices as several press sections can be assembled side-by-side
- Heating plates with integrated cooling channels for water cooling
- Vulcanizing temperature variable up to 175 °C (340 °F)
- Integrated electronic temperature gauge for the control of the heating plates with digital display of set point and actual temperatures
|Heated length (A)
|Heated width (B)
|Heated with rhombic (C)
|Capacity per plate approx.
|Weight top part approx.
|Weight bottom part approx.
On-site Vulcanizing Services
Facilitated by quick assembly and disassembly functionality, the vulcanizing press forms part of Continental’s comprehensive conveyor belt service offerings, which are available countrywide, 24/7, 365 days a year to facilitate minimum customer downtime. Field teams offer both hot and cold vulcanizing, enabling splicing and repairs to longitudinal tears, damaged edges and impact gouges on all sections of a conveyor belt.