The Flexsteel® conveyor belt from Continental is the only choice for high-tension, long distance and high-performance applications. This belt provides maximum protection against pounding and abuse in the most demanding applications.
Benefits & features
- Higher tension capabilities
- Complete belt condition monitoring system available
- Provides lower cost-per-ton conveyed
- The number and size of the steel cords are customised to desired operating tension
- Fewer transfer points
- Extended splice life
- Wide range of abrasion resistant cover compounds available
- High impact and wear resistance
- Reduced take up travel
- Superior troughing characteristics with exceptional belt training
- Hard rock
- Steel production
- Power generation
- Bulk handling terminals
- Overland conveyors
- Primary crushers
- Load out facilities
- Yard belts
- Stacker reclaimers
- Shaft and incline belts
Steel cord conveyor belt construction
The Flexsteel® cord conveyor belt is made up of three critical components that give it its renowned superior strength: zinc-galvanised steel cords, insulation gum (core rubber) and outer rubber covers.
Zinc Galvanised Steel Cord
Flexsteel® belts are designed by selecting specific cord construction to provide the best tensioning for a particular application.
Insulation Gum (core rubber)
Extensive rubber compounding technology has enabled Flexsteel® engineers to develop a superior insulation gum bonding rubber which penetrates all cords. The result is excellent adhesions, corrosion resistance and splices that exceed the SANS and DIN specifications.
Outer Rubber Covers (cover compounds)
Our range of cover compounds provides your Flexsteel® conveyor belt with the ultimate protection against heat, fire and abrasion.