Floating hoses with integrated buoyancy for conveying extracted materials in powder, granular or semi-fluid form.
Features & Benefits
- Buoyancy is provided by an outer shell of closed cell PE foam around the rubber tube
- A robust rubber cover with integrated fabric reinforcements protects the foam body against external damage
- At the same time, the outer skin prevents absorption of water and protects the hose against UV light
- This hose type is ideal as a connection to submarine or overland pipelines
- The riser hose version is equipped with additional reinforcing steel rings to maintain dimensional stability in all environmental conditions.
- Our Floating Hoses are bespoke systems consisting of several elements with different buoyancy configurations (if required), e.g. to build U-shape before head-floats (for TSHD-connection).
- The hoses can be equipped with sufficient buoyancy to effectively convey slurries up to a density of 2.3 kg/ dm³
- Smooth, extruded lining, highly resistant to abrasion
- Additional oil and heat resistant rubber compounds available
- Abrasion layer thickness from 5 to 50 mm
- Working pressure up to 25 bar
- Temperature range from -20°C up to +90°C
- Hose ID range from 150 to 1000 mm, bigger ID’s on request
- Production tolerance: DIN EN ISO 28017 (Dredge Hoses)