Continental’s flexible hoses are conveying natural gas from the Floating Storage and Regasification Unit (FSRU) to a jetty, fixed platform or a subsea manifold. The Natural Gas Hose and the flexible gas transfer solution is an important part of the Liquified Natural Gas (LNG) value chain, contributing to the transition to cleaner energy sources until complete carbon neutrality is achieved.
Natural gas is the cleanest fossil fuel, its combustion does not emit soot, dust or fumes. It generates 30% less carbon dioxide (CO2) than fuel oil and 45% less than coal, with a twofold reduction in nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions.
||2” to 14”
||full flow, rough bore
||H2S resistant HNBR
||up to 7,500 psi
||-30°C to +90°C (-22°F to 194°F)
|Max. available length
||60m (200ft) up to 8”
30m (100ft) up to 14”
For further technical details download the datasheet
A flexible solution for FSRU gas export and FLNG gas import lines.
Features & Benefits
- Hoses to be fire rated to 1300oF (704oC) for 30 minutes complying with both Lloyd's register OD 1000/499 and API 16C requirements.
- Additional external protection available upon request
- The hoses are equipped with built-in bend stiffener at the neck area to protect
- Diffused gases are vented with a patented gas venting technology
- Coupling materials meet NACE MR 0175/ISO 15156 latest edition
- Material of the end fittings is either carbon steel or duplex
- Material of the internal carcass is either 316L or 254SMO
- Finite Element Analysis capability to check survival and fatigue conditions