- Surface materials for automotive interior trim
- Surface materials for decorative & technical applications
- Printing blankets & forms
- Assembled products
Facts & Figures 2019
- 5,557 Employees
- Sales € 1.200 million
Surface Solutions is represented by 15 production sites and 25 sales offices worldwide.
- DIN EN ISO 14001:2015
- EC Ecological Audit Certificate EMAS
- IATF 16949:2016
- ISO 9001:2015
- OEKO-TEX® Standard 100
- Technology Innovation Award: The Chinese specialist magazine Automobile & Parts has given Continental its "Technology Innovation Award" for its low-odor PVC surface materials.
- Red Dot Award: Our skai colore classic ULTRA surface material wins the Red Dot Award in the Product Design category.
- German Design Award: The skai DesignLab, an online tool for testing digital print designs for projects, received the German Design Award in the Web category.
- German Innovation Award: One of several awards that our skai colore classic ULTRA 2020 surface material has won: the German Innovation Award. This was in the Excellence in Business to Business – Materials & Surfaces category. Both skai mattex and skai Pureto EN received this award as well.
- Iconic Award: The skai Torina FLS and skai Popana FLS surface materials are the winners of the Iconic Award 2020: Innovative Interior in the Textiles category.
- Interzum Award “Intelligent Material & Design 2019”: Four Continental surfaces were awarded the Interzum Award “Intelligent Material & Design 2019” for high product quality: The laif VyP Nappa and skai Pureto EN upholstery fabrics, the skai Colore Magic METALSPIN and skai Colore Structure ULTRA furniture foils.
- Industrial Energy Efficiency Award: Conti Thermo Protect won the Industrial Energy Efficiency Award, which was presented for the first time at the Hannover trade fair 2019.
- MATERIALICA Design & Technology Award: Our skai colore structure ULTRA surface material won gold in the MATERIALICA Design & Technology Award 2019 due to its high product quality.
- German Design Award: The breathable upholstery material laif VyP Nappa is one of the winners of the German Design Award 2019.
- German Innovation Award: Our solutions for vehicle interiors won three prizes at the German Innovation Awards: The intelligent car window, which darkens the vehicle glazing, the 3D Touch Surface Display and the two-finger touch gestures.
- Innovation of the year at the Automotive Brand Contest: The German Design Council acclaimed the three-dimensional, touch-sensitive cockpit display (Morphing Controls) from Continental as the “Innovation of the Year” in the Automotive Brand Contest.
- Intelligent Manufacturing Award: The hi-tech Industrial Development Zone China Changzhou Wujin awarded the Intelligent Manufacturing Award to our Changzhou plant for its efficient and environmentally friendly production of surface material.
- Red Dot Award: A particularly appealing and high-quality product design: That's why our skai Jet Black surface material received the Red Dot Award.
- German Design Award: Three-time winner of the German Design Award: Our skai Digital Prints collection also won the award along with our adhesive foils from the d-c-fix Metallic collection and our skai x-brush window profile foil.
- MATERIALICA Design & Technology Award: Morphing Controls and the translucent Acella Hylite won the MATERIALICA Design & Technology Award 2018.
- German Design Award 2018 for skai x-brush window profile film
- “Lightweight Technology Innovation Award”
- BOS Excellence Supplier Award for luggage cover material
- Materialica Design + Technology Award 2017 for the upholstery material laif VyP and the artificial leather Holographic
- Inovyn Award “Special Sustainability Award”
- “Volvo Cars Quality Excellence (VQE) Award”
Director: Dr. Dirk Leiß
Phone +49 (0)511 - 6302-0
Fax +49 (0)511 - 6302-206