Corrugated sidewall belts are ideal for transporting bulk goods efficiently on uphill and downhill gradients. Continental offers the following brands for different applications.
Sidewall belts by Continental:
MAXOFLEX® – Reliable conveyance at inclines of up to 90°
MAXOFLEX® corrugated sidewall belts for transport of bulk goods offer high-quality long-term high-incline conveyance solutions.
- Corrugated sidewall belts for transport of bulk goods
- Saves space, since conveyance at inclines of up to 90° is possible
- Material conveyed is protected
- Extremely high stability is provided in the traverse direction, good longitudinal flexibility
- Different feed and discharge directions are possible by rotating the vertical runs
- Construction industry
- Potash and salt mining
- Stones and earth
- Chemical industry
- Recycling industry
- Rural co-ops and traders in agricultural commodities
- A wide selection of individually combinable corrugated sidewalls and cleats.
- Corrugated sidewalls and cleats available in standard or oil-resistant quality
- The ideal conveyor belt can be configured for each application.
FLEXOWELL® – Faster, cleaner, economical
The FLEXOWELL®-conveyor belts are designed for horizontal, steep inclined and vertical handling of all kinds of bulk materials – from coarse-size coal and ore, rock, coarse sand or fertilizers. Lump sizes varying from powdery, floury material up to 400 mm (16") can be handled easily with FLEXOWELL®-conveyor systems. Materials can be carried over 500 m (1,640') in vertical lift with capacities from 1m³/h up to 6,000 t/h. FLEXOWELL®-conveyor belts are supplied in standard black rubber quality of high abrasion resistance. In addition, other qualities such as heat and oil resistant or flame retardant rubber can be supplied.
- Coal and wood-chip fired power stations
- Underground mining (coal and ore)
- Shaft conveying for tunnelling and underground mining
- Steel industry
- Ship loading and unloading, ship to ship loading
- Sand preparation in foundry plants
- Silo feeding
- Slope conveying in openpit mining
- Waste recycling, soil purification and water treatment
- Handling of large material flows in the horizontal path
In order to grant optimal solutions for each application there are five different types of belts, six rubber qualities, also for sidewall and cleat profiles.
- Type XE: light duty FLEXOWELL®-applications only.
- Type XOE: reduces transverse deflection at wheels and stub idlers.
- Type XDE: medium and heavy duty special applications only.
- Type XUE: reduces transverse deflection at return strand when carried on discs or inside idlers.
- Type XST: heavy duty applications only requiring belt tension above 1000 N/mm with ES-Type FLEXOWELL®-sidewalls up to 630 mm (24.8 inch) and cleats up to 600 mm (23.6 inch).
The FLEXOWELL®-technology holds all inclined and vertical continuous transport records in the bulk material handling industry …
- Over 60,000 installations worldwide
- Most experience: FLEXOWELL®-technology in practical operation since 1964
- Highest performance: 276 m (905 ft) vertical up to 2.000 t/h (2,204 st/h)
- Vertical conveying: up to 500 m (1,640 ft) possible
- Widest belts: 2.4 m (7.87 ft)
- Highest tensile strength: up to 8.600 N/mm (4,910 PIW)
- Lowest belt elongation: by means of high tensile fabric or steelcord members
- Highest sidewalls: up to 630 mm (24.8 inch)
- Highest cleat profiles: up to 600 mm (23.8 inch)
- Worldwide sales: in 45 countries
- Quick installation
- Reduced number of transfer points
- Long service life
- Reduced power requirements
- Quiet running
- Reduced maintenance
- Environmentally friendly
One of the main advantages of the FLEXOWELL®-belt is that cross rigid base belts can be deflected from the horizontal to an incline or vertical and back again without bowing or sagging.