Specially developed for demanding premium applications in vehicle interiors, Benova® Eco Protect impresses not only with outstanding aging resistance and light fastness, but also with a particularly soft and luxurious feel. Thanks to its excellent heat and UV resistance, Benova® Eco Protect withstands high temperatures and strong sunlight in vehicle interiors, thus offering completely new possibilities for interior design trends, such as light colors on demanding surfaces.
Benova® Eco Protect – a true milestone in sustainable surfaces
On the road to sustainable vehicle interiors, Benova® Eco Protect represents an important milestone: Due to its special composition, the material is extremely resistant and durable. By consistently avoiding critical ingredients, plasticizers and solvents, the vegan imitation leather is particularly low-emission and low-odor.
Depending on the design, Benova® Eco Protect can be equipped with a textile backing made of up to 100 percent rPET. This results in a recycled raw material content of up to 40 percent for the entire product. In addition, Benova® Eco Protect offers a weight advantage of around 20 percent compared with standard Benova®.
Benova® Eco Protect considerably reduces carbon footprint
Benova® Eco Protect can be manufactured in a variety of customized solutions. Based on the respective design, different PCF values (PCF = product carbon footprint) result, which provide information on how climate-friendly a product is.
German Innovation Award “Winner”
The German Innovation Award honors innovative achievements that break new ground through their added value. The award is presented by the German Design Council.
A distinguished jury selected Benova® Eco Protect from 640 entries as the “Winner“ as an innovation that advances the industry through its originality, implementation and effectiveness.
Benova® Eco Protect received the coveted award in the “Excellence in Business to Business“ class in the Materials & Surfaces category.
Benova® Eco Protect as drop-in solution
Another plus of the sustainable Benova® variants? Without compromising on quality and performance, the climate-friendly designs can easily be integrated into existing production processes. No special adjustments are required to process the sustainable Benova® variants.
- Unique quality and comfort, thanks to its particularly soft feel
- Excellent aging resistance and fastness to light for both light and dark colors
- Excellent heat and UV resistance
- Has a lower Product Carbon Footprint (PCF) than the standard Benova.
- Free from materials of animal origin, plasticizers, solvents and other critical ingredients
- Particularly low in emissions and odor
- 20% weight saving on comparable materials
- High design flexibility
- Design: Cover material
- Thickness: 0.9 mm – 4.3 mm
- Application: Instrument panel, doors/sides/center console, seat covering/head rest
- Material backing: Textile, polyurethane foam/sandwich foam/spacer fabric
- Processing: Sewing, gluing, back-injection molding
1 | Lacquer finish
2 | Compact layer
3 | Foam layer
4 | Textile backing